Monday, June 24, 2013

Green Monster

Two weeks ago I decided to hop on the 'Green Monster' train. [no, it's not a booger] ... it's a smoothie!
Here's a picture of one of my Green Monster's -
...
[]This one is Banana, Mango and Blueberry]]
Beautiful =]
(Secret ingredient?...SPINACH!)

OKAY enough about how I love this thing.. more about why I drink them.. I have been drinking them for two weeks, 2-3 times a day. I have one for breakfast, and one for lunch. I eat a sensible dinner and might have a 1/2 serving of a smoothie for a snack before bed (I admit, I something wake in the middle of the night and raid the fridge).
I've lost about 2lbs. .. I'd probably have lost more by now but I haven't been very good about the sensible dinner part. Chinese last night :)

THE MAJOR HUGE BIG AMAZINGLY AWESOME deal about these smoothies, is that I've stopped drinking coffee, and I have more energy NOW than I have ever had in my life. I don't know what it is about these things, but I have natural energy, and I feel HAPPY, which is a BIG deal for someone who's struggled with depression and self image issues.

Ingredients :
1 Banana Frozen (if not frozen, add 5 ice cubes)
1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1/2 cup milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
1tbsp peanut butter (optional)
 SPINACH! I use 2 handfuls..
extra fruit (optional)

To give mine a little something extra, i break open a capsule of Gingko Biloba and dump the powder into the blender.

I HOPE you try this miraculous love in a cup =)

Let me know if you do, and comment with your results!!

No comments:

Post a Comment