Saturday, June 15, 2013

Road to the chopping block..

I quit smoking on my birthday this year [Feb.29] in a decision to have a major surgery. I'm going to be having an full abdominoplasty. This isn't because of extra skin or stretch marks etc.. but because I have an abdominal separation =/ My abs, instead of being connected to each other, are split down the middle and do not do their job of keeping my intestines, organs, and especially my stomach inside my abdominal cavity. Not sure what this is? For those of you lucky enough to avoid this... here's a visual:

Left: Normal - Right: ME!!
If it wasn't BAD, I probably wouldn't have a problem fixing it, but it's impossible for me to eat a meal and not look like I'm 6 months pregnant. What's WORSE is when I go out in public and I get that fateful question: "When are you due?"
Normally I just give a basic answer like "In 4 months." or something like that, then find the nearest bathroom and ball my eyes out. It's NOT that easy to do when my 6 year old is with me because I lie about it and then she decides to be loud and honest.. "YOU'RE NOT PREGNANT, MOM!!?" Ugh.

So this is what I'm doing...
hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment